Types of Disclosures
Standard disclosures are no longer available for people working with children or vulnerable adults.
Enhanced disclosures are for anyone working with children and /or vulnerable adults in a regulated activity.
Vetting and Barring Scheme (VBS)
The Government has announced their intention to remodel the Vetting and Barring Scheme (VBS) back to proportionate, commonsense levels. As a result, the ISA-registration stage of the scheme has been halted.
Although the full details and scope of this remodel are still to be finalised:
The elements of the VBS put in place back in October 2009 continue and these are:
- Use Enhanced CRB checks for anyone working with children and
vulnerable adults in regulated activity.
- POCA, POVA and List 99 are replaced by the ISA 'Children's List' and
'Vulnerable Adult's List'.
- Standard CRB checks are no longer available for people working with
children or vulnerable adults.
- The POVAFirst service is renamed the 'ISA Adult First' service.
- Your legal obligation is to refer any information about individuals
who may pose a risk to children and vulnerable adults to the ISA.
We will continue to update customers when any new decisions have been finalised.